Whether you want to improve your home’s curb appeal or plan to put up your home on sale very soon, the best exterior painting in East Bay can be a cost-effective way to update your home’s look.
There is no doubt that a fresh coat of paint can dramatically change your home’s look and give yourself major first impression points. A 2015 study by Realty Times estimated the return on investment (ROI) on an exterior paint job to be 51%, while Consumer Report reveals that enhancing your home’s appearance, which includes paint touch-ups, can increase the value of your home by two to five percent.
But painting only the exterior part of your home – and not the entire home – is no small job to take on. For professional residential painters, painting only the exterior house would take about five days, but that depends on the house’s size. That period is likely to double if an amateur painter does the job. The key then is to decide whether your home needs a full paint makeover or if you could accomplish what you need to with smaller paint projects. Anyone can hold a brush and dab paint on walls, but if you want a clean and neat paint finish, hiring a professional residential painter is wise. Having a professional do the work is especially true if you plan to “stage” your home for a quick sale. Hiring the best painters in town is considered an excellent investment.
If you are in the process of selling your house, consider these simple but great tips on how to increase your home’s value with exterior paint.
- Neutrals are always the safest bet – A lot of buyers do not wish to spend extra money after closing on a new home. Neutrals such as white, gray, beige, and taupe are the most versatile and give your home the best overall appeal. You can combine any of these neutrals either for harmony or contrast.
- Steer clear of bright colors – If you are most concerned about making a quick sale, avoid bright paint colors. While bright colors tend to be a more personal choice, generally, it would not make a good first impression for the average buyer, making it harder to sell your home.
- Avoid yellows – While many of us love the sunshine and daffodils’ color, it does not mean we should paint our entire home with it. According to a study conducted by the online real estate database company Zillow, yellow homes sold on average for nearly $3,500 less than expected.
- Paint the door black – According to Zillow’s recent study, homes with a black front door could increase the reselling value by almost three percent.
- Consider the house’s architectural style – When determining what’s the best color for your home, you need to consider its architectural style. Every home has a color palette that will fit best for an architectural style. For instance, Victorian homes are typically painted with a combination of colors such as reds, whites, browns, blues, greens, purples, and yellows. On the other hand, Mediterranean homes, the colors that work well for this style vary from whites to warm grays, to rich tones of burnt bricks and light gold.
- Pay attention to where you live – It’s not just your house’s architectural style that matters. Knowing where you live will give you an idea of which architectural style is the most popular in your region. Dark colors are popular in the South, while the Midwest prefers neutrals, and the West Coast likes rich and deep and intense tones of green and gray.
Hopefully, these best exterior painting in East Bay ideas will help you sell your house quickly. If you are looking for other ideas, contact professional residential painters, like Custom Painting, Inc. They can provide you helpful advice and assistance regarding the best exterior colors for your home.