When you decide to hire a licensed painter in Pleasant Hill to paint your house, there are some questions you are likely to want to ask first. The answers the licensed painter provides will help you decide if they are the right painting company to work with or not.
- How long has the company been in business?
- Are you insured?
- Do you have references?
- What are your normal hours of operation?
- How do I get an estimate?
- Do you do interior and exterior painting?
- How many painters will handle my job?
- What is the usual time frame for completing a job?
- Once you start, do you stay until you finish?
- Does the price include the paint?
- What kind of paint will be used?
- If woodwork is damaged, rotting, or needs repair, can you fix it? Is that included in the cost of painting the house or is that charge separate?
- How do you protect my stuff?
- What do I need to do before you arrive?
- Do I need to be home while you paint?
- Who cleans up?
- Do you offer a warranty?
- How often should interior painting be done?
- What needs to be done to the surface before painting?
- What if find out I dislike my chosen color, once it’s on the walls?
- What payment methods do you accept?
Many of these questions can be answered by looking around the painter’s web site, if they have one. If you are unable to find the answers there, you can usually call or email the company and ask these and any other questions you may have. If you ask the licensed painter in Pleasant Hill to come and give an estimate for the work, you can ask these questions during the time they are at your home.
Some questions are more important than others. For example, the question regarding whether or not the company is insured is of vital importance. If the company is not insured, and a painter is injured on your property, then you become liable for the injured person’s medical expenses.
It will, of course, be important to know whether you will be covering the furniture and items in the room or rooms yourself, or if the company will handle that when they arrive. Also, you want to know ahead of time if they expect you to wash the walls or if they will take care of that task themselves.
You will want to choose a company that will stay on the job until it is finished. If it is a job that will span multiple days, you will want to be sure that there will not be days in between when no work is done; it is much more convenient to get the job done as quickly as possible with little or no interruptions.
It is advisable to interview several painting contractors before choosing one to do the painting you need. These are just some of the things that you will want to know from the licensed painter for your Pleasant Hill home.