Everyone wants to build a successful business. So, part of the success is the kind of people you are hiring – and commercial painters in Dublin are one of them.
You do not want to hire an underhanded paint contractor. But as the word “underhanded” is concerned, a lot of these inferior and fly-by-night companies are under the guise of a dependable and reputable company. They claim that they’re the best painters out there, but they are not able, or they simply refuse to prove it. That’s why you should exercise caution by assessing each of your chosen potential candidates as well as doing your own homework.
The following is a rather simple but fool-proof guide which can help you in picking the best painter in your area, whether you’re looking for the best commercial painters in Dublin, the best commercial painters in Fremont, or the best commercial painting in East Bay:
1. Get referrals from your friends, co-workers, relatives, neighbors, etc. This is better than looking for contractors in the yellow pages. If they say some good things about the contractor they have worked in the past and may even enthusiastically refer them to you, then it’s a very good sign that this contractor will be worthy to work on your project.
2. You should find out whether this contractor is licensed and insured. In California, all contractors and builders are required to have a valid license. For contractors, it’s easy to say that they are licensed, but still, you should ask them for proof that they are indeed licensed and insured.
For contractors to obtain a license, they must be qualified enough to apply at the Contractors State License Board (CLSB). They are likely to take an exam which tests their skills and knowledge in their chosen field. If the painting contractor doesn’t have a license, it means that they lack the necessary experience and expertise, not just in the painting job itself but also in operating a business.
When contractors are found to have a valid license, it is likely that they also have insurances as well. It’s better if they have both a liability insurance and a worker’s compensation insurance. Liability insurance covers certain situations like accidental or intentional damage done by their employees while they’re working on the site. Worker’s compensation insurance, on the other hand, compensates their employees who are hurt or injured while working on the site, for medical expenses and lost wages, no matter who was at fault. Worker’s compensation insurance will also provide benefits and financial support to the employees’ benefits in case of death or permanent disability.
3. Every client wants to hire a contractor with years of experience, a wealth of expertise in their field, a wide range of different services other than painting, and with the latest innovations in paints and painting. You want no less than a contractor who is experienced and fully knowledgeable about the ins and outs of the commercial painting industry.
A good and reputable painting contractor should also be focused on quality workmanship and put customer satisfaction at the core of their business. The contractor knows all too well that these factors will put the “oil” to their business which keep it running.
A reputable painting contractor should also be adaptable to the ever-changing economic situations, the latest technological advancements, environmental concerns, and the changing preferences of their customers. They should also introduce the latest innovations on paints and coatings, as well as the latest methods and techniques in painting.
By doing this, contractors won’t be left behind in the latest innovations and technologies in paints and their application. Being up-to-date on these advancements allows them to be a step ahead of their competition and makes them more desirable to customers.
Because of the stiff competition, contractors have to diversify their services to include other things beside the painting job itself. If you can find an “all-in-one” contractor who also does cleaning and preparation of the surfaces, some construction and repair work, clean-up after work, paint color consultation, etc., then you may have likely found the contractor you are looking for.
4. You should also hire a painting contractor who treats their employees well, because treating them well will put the contractor in its best interest. It will also help in boosting productivity. Training them continually with the latest painting techniques, providing them additional skills that they need to enhance their craft, and providing them regular safety training will help them transform into valuable assets of the company.
5. The best contractors should offer the best and the fairest pricing that matches their services. To get the best pricing, ask each candidate for an estimate, take time to go through each of them and make comparisons. If you find out that the rates they offer seem too good to be true, then you have to ask them why there is such a difference.
Hiring the best commercial painters in Dublin is not just a big investment. You also make them part of your business’ success.