Painters in Concord use a variety of tools to get the job done. Some are more used to and more comfortable using brushes for the entire job. Some prefer to use a paint gun because it is quicker and then use a brush for the detail work. Is one better than the other? It depends on who you ask.
Painters in Concord and the rest of the world have been using paint brushes for centuries when it was time to paint a home. Of course, as with anything else, you can buy brushes of varying qualities and materials. You can get natural bristle brushes or those made with synthetic bristles. You can even buy foam brushes if you need them, but most painters will recommend not using them. You can find paint brushes to meet your budget with foam brushes near a dollar and the best-made, highest quality costing around $40 depending upon the manufacturer.
What are the benefits of using paint brushes?
- The biggest benefit is its simplicity. A paint brush is easy to use and always ready for use.
- You don’t need electricity to operate a paint brush.
- Clean up is relatively easy, although it can be time consuming if you want to do the job right. Since these tools can be used for years, it is best to thoroughly clean the paint out of the brush to ensure the paint comes out.
What are some disadvantages of using paint brushes?
- It takes practice to learn to paint along moldings and anywhere detailed painting is needed.
- You may be able to see visible strokes with a paint brush. If it is important that paint strokes are invisible, you may want to try another method of painting.
Paint guns, or sprayers, have been available for a number of years. As the technology has improved, the price has dropped dramatically. When they first came out, only professional painters in Concord and other areas were able to afford a paint sprayer. Now, you can get them for less than $20, but the better quality ones are considerably more.
What are some advantages of using a paint sprayer?
- If an even coat is what you want, you can’t do better than a paint gun or paint sprayer. You will not see brush strokes. You can also get into some places not accessible with a paint brush.
- It isn’t difficult to learn but it does take some practice. Once you get the hang of it and see the results, you may be hard-pressed to return to painting with a brush.
What are the disadvantages to using a paint gun?
- You need electricity and an air compressor to run a paint gun.
- It takes longer to set up before you can begin painting. You will want to cover everything that you don’t want to have paint specks on it.
- You will need to wear a paint mask while using a paint gun.
- Clean up is much more difficult when using a paint gun than with a paint brush. It is imperative that you take the time right away to clean it properly. If you wait too long to clean a paint gun, it can dry and you may have to replace it, which can be expensive.
Looking at the information above, it may seem that the paint brush is a better choice. However, it really does depend on the individual. Painters in Concord use both and both can produce professional looking results.