There are many companies that claim to be professional painters in Fremont. So, how can you be sure that what they’re claiming is true? How can you tell between a company that is a genuine painting contractor from the one that’s not? Nowadays, customers start the process by doing some research on the Internet, or asking friends, family, relatives, neighbors, or colleagues to recommend a residential or commercial painting company in your city or town.
When looking for residential or commercial painting company, first you should look at the quality of work they deliver. You should not hire a painter that’s solely based on their proximity to where you live or do business, or even their immediate availability (hint: a painting company that’s at least busy is an indication of a good company). Second, find out about their standing on the market. And finally, try to assess whether the stick to what they say. After all, you need to trust the company who would paint your home or commercial space. The following lists the important things you should know when hiring painters:
- Experience – Although some new and promising companies are making waves in the painting industry, most customers still prefer experienced ones. The first thing you need to do is to find out how long the company has been in the business. Often, inexperienced companies can do to you more harm than good. You would not also want to hire a fly-by-night company. Therefore, make sure that the company you are planning to hire has at least three years of experience in the painting service industry. Companies that are more experienced are far more likely to deliver the job with perfection.
- Knowledge, skills, and expertise – Painting a home or business can be a daunting and overwhelming task. You might think that painting a room or a building is just dabbing paint on the surface, but the reality is different. There are other things to be done than applying paint – such as preparing the surface, repair work, covering furniture, clean-up, and many others. Residential and commercial Painting is a task that requires professional expertise for a smooth, solid, and long-lasting finish. And since it is a specialized field, not everyone in the market is fully equipped and knowledgeable to do the job with perfection, as well as to handle the demands associated with this job.
That’s why it is important to find out whether the painting company you are interested to hire has sufficient knowledge, skills, and expertise in this job. In fact, the team should have a team of highly skilled workers who can do the job perfectly. The workers should have adequate knowledge about the basic as well as the latest painting techniques, as well as the types of paints, tools and equipment that are used for the job to make sure that they do the job properly and deliver desirable results.
- Always ask for referrals – Any reputable company would not hesitate in providing references. Contact at least three references to find out the track record of the painting company that you are interested to hire. Did they do a good job? Were they professional in their conduct? If the references say many positive things about the painting contractor, then they should be considered for the job. After all, it is your right to find out whether the company is worth hiring.
- Make sure that the company is licensed and insured – This is also particularly important. Don’t forget to ask the companies for a valid license, as well as a liability insurance and a workers’ compensation insurance. Any reputable company will always hold a valid state license and insurances. A company should protect its employees, as well as its clients, should something go wrong while the job is ongoing.
- Always ask for a warranty – Find out if the painting company offers a warranty or for a finished work. Any reputable painter will always be ready to offer warranties for a done painting job. Make sure that everything is in writing – including what’s included in the warranty, as well as promises and guarantees.
- Ask for an estimate – Ask the contractor to provide you a free written estimate for all the work they plan to carry out. You need to know what brands of paints, tools, and equipment they plan to use, as well as the amount of prep work they will do and the time they need to complete the project. Also, ask the company for a written contract. Again – everything should be written, from the warranty to the contract.
If you are looking for painters in Fremont and surrounding areas to paint your home or business, call Custom Painting Inc. We have over 30 years of experience in the residential and commercial painting industry. No job is too small or too big for us – we take projects of any size and complete them to the satisfaction of our clients.